Maverick Homes has been building quality custom homes under the same corporation, since 1987 – a fact that shows financial strength and customer confidence. Our mission is to make the homebuilding and buying process as easy as possible for you, our customer, through personal communication and friendly service.
We use high quality materials and tradesmen to provide excellent craftsmanship, while at the same time offering competitive pricing.
Whether you are buying a home we designed or designing your own, Maverick Homes makes a commitment to provide our clients with a sound investment.
About Lee A. Hughes
Born in Shreveport, LA., and has lived in Tarrant County since 1965. Lee and his wife, Cassandra, have two children, Lauren and Christopher.
Managing Partner, North Texas Maverick Builders, LP DBA Maverick Homes
Residential Real Estate/New Home Construction. Responsible for all areas of financing, sales and construction of new residential homes. Business is concentrated in Denton, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise Counties.
Co-managing Partner, Winstar Contractors, LP DBA M the Builders
Residential Real Estate/New Home Construction. Business is concentrated in Tarrant County.
Greater Fort Worth Builders Association
- Immediate Past President (2013 – 2014)
- President (2012 – 2013)
- Board of Directors (2008 – Present)
- Vice President, Executive Committee (2009 – 2011)
- Secretary & Treasurer (2010 – 2011)
- First Vice President (2011 – 2012)
- Budget & Finance Committee (2008 – 2012)
- Co-chairman, Governmental Affairs (2009 – 2012)
Real Estate Developer (1996 – Present)
Evaluate land for potential residential and commercial development zoning and platting. Acquire financing for projects. Work with other builders in securing lot sale contracts and supervise the implementation of roads, utilities and amenities. These projects include, Sanctuary Oaks, Laurenwood, Wolf Creek, Arbor Mill Plantation, La Cantera Estates, Deerwood Forest Estates, Mustang Pointe, Legacy Pointe and Ovilla Parc Estates. Acquired land financing for development of Choctaw Casino Resort in Durant, Oklahoma.
Director, Watauga State Bank (1986 – 1993)
Member of the organizing board that chartered the bank in 1986/1987, served on the loan committee and reviewed all requests for real estate loans. The bank was sold in 1993.
Vice President, Larry Cole Companies (1983 – 1986)
Responsible for the zoning and platting of residential subdivision and commercial projects. Liaison to governmental agencies/municipalities, retail and office leasing/rent collection, lease negotiations.
Former Police Officer, City of Bedford, Texas (1980 – 1983)
Baseball Coach, Nolan High School (1980 – 1981)
Business, Community & Social Involvement
- Lee Trevino Endowment for Golf at Texas Wesleyan University
- Fort Worth Junior Golf Association
- The First Tee of Fort Worth
- State of Texas District 98 Advisory Board – advised State Representative on business and industry concerns for the district
- Former Director, Northeast Chamber of Commerce
- Organization Board, North Area Youth Association
- Former Member, President’s Club Hurst-Euless-Bedford Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsor & Coach of various youth sports teams
- Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Foundation
- Member, Colonial Country Club
- Lifetime Member, Texas Motor Speedway Club
- Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick – Finance Committee
- Greater Fort Worth Builders Association
- Texas Association of Builders
- National Association of Home Builders
Awards & Recognition
- Greater Fort Worth Builders Association Builder of the Year (2011)
- Greater Fort Worth Builders Association Developer of the Year (2009)
- Fort Worth Business Press: 13th largest homebuilder (2009)
- StrucSure Home Warranty Platinum Builder (2009)
- Top “100” Businesses in Fort Worth (2007)
- Fort Worth Business Press: 5th largest homebuilder (2005)
- Fort Worth Business Press: 12th largest homebuilder (2004)
- Fort Worth Business Press: 17th largest homebuilder (2003)
- Who’s Who Executives & Professionals (1998)
- Arvida Texas/Midwest Builder of the Year (1992)
- Arvida Texas/Midwest Builder of the Year (1991)